A while back, I was lucky enough to stumble upon this wonderful blog, The Fig’s Heart, and it has now become one of my favourite blogs to read! First of all, the name is adorable. Also, Lauren, the blogger behind it, seems like a such a classy and genuinely sweet person, something you can tell from her thoughtful content. I love it when blogs have a unique voice and style -I certainly adore her taste in design/style/beauty/food. Her Weekend Readings are one of my favourite series on the blog. Seriously, she curates the gems of the internet!
I was so excited when Lauren nominated me for The Liebster Award. It’s a ‘pay it forward’ type of tag among bloggers who have a smaller audience (less than 200 followers), to recognize each other’s amazing work and get to know each other a little better.
1. Each person must post 10 things about themselves (anything!).
2. They must also answer the 10 questions that the nominator has set, plus create 10 questions for the people they choose to nominate.
3. Choose 10 people to nominate and link them in your post.
4. Go to their sites/blogs and tell them they’ve been nominated!
10 FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. I drink copious amounts of green tea. Something about its warmth and simplicity in flavour is so comforting and soothing.
2. I don’t like drinking coffee but I love sitting in coffee shops -the smell of coffee, quiet chatter, and the fusion of jazz + indie music inspires and makes me more productive.
3. I have never watched a horror movie.
4. I do not like watermelon, but love watermelon-flavored things (scents, candy, etc).
5. I have a nerdy obsession with the Harry Potter books. I have read the series too many times I can’t remember. I have a Pottermore account and used to listen to Harry Potter podcasts from the Mugglenet website. I read the last book in 24 hours and cried while reading it. P.S. I’m a Hufflepuff
6. When I was 7, I broke my elbow and sprained my arm at the same time as a result of falling off the monkey bars. I had to get pins surgically insterted to hold my elbow together for an entire month! To this day, I still have a huge scar on my elbow.
7. I am obsessed with popcorn -it must be the really buttery kind.
8. I love stationary! Journals, pens, paper, agendas, notebooks, multi-coloured sticky notes = love
9. Most of my clothes are black, white, navy, or grey.
10. I don’t consider myself to be a very funny person, but I have an appreciation for good comedy -especially funny ladies like Mindy Kaling 🙂
Why did you start blogging?
Log a creative notebook of life. There are so many thoughts swirling in my head that a blog was a perfect outlet for this. I love reading blogs and felt so inspired to create my own. Now, in addition to all these reasons, I do it for the thrill I feel each time I click ‘publish’ (or schedule). It happens every time and it is the best feeling ever.
Where do you get inspiration from?
From looking at pretty photography, blogs, Pinterest, going for walks outside (in nature and the city), watching a good movie, and hanging out at coffee shops, bookstores.
What has been your favourite post so far?
My favourite post is the one about Impromptu Dance Sessions.
How do you balance your blog/work/personal life?
I wish I could say that I am an expert at balancing all these things but that would not be true. I struggle with time management, so mainly I just have to prioritize. Blogging is a hobby, so sadly, it ends up near the bottom of my to-do list.
Name something you like about yourself.
This was a tough question…though it shouldn’t be right? Something I like about myself is my persistence. I work really hard at what I do because I set high standards for myself and put in my best effort and energy (can be a good and bad thing).
What’s your dream job?
Dietitian + Blogger + Journalist + Teach nutrition education to kids
What’s the beauty/skincare product you can’t live without?
Moisturizer. I’m not a beauty/skincare fanatic but this one from The Body Shop is my favourite!
If you could travel anywhere for a month where would you go?
Paris. London. Rome. Santorini. Cliche answers, I know, but nonetheless some of the most beautiful cities in the world.
What’s your favourite thing to do to relax?
I love downtime alone or with a small group of people. My favourite way of relaxing is watching a movie or a good T.V. show, Youtube videos, reading books/blogs/magazines, painting my nails with a good face mask, and spending time with friends/friends over good food.
What Disney princess are you?
According to Buzzfeed, I am Tiana from The Princess and the Frog 🙂
QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES:
-Why did you start blogging?
-If you could live in a different time period when would it be and why?
-What do you do when you feel uninspired?
-What type of music do you listen to?
-How would you describe your style (clothing, design, art, etc)?
-What is your dream job?
-What words do you live by (favourite quote)?
-Cookies, cakes or cupcakes?
-Who inspires you?